Sunny Hills Cleans Orange County
For now, though, we'll get to the basics:
- Carpets need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing a buildup of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibers. Every few weeks, take a little extra time and use your crevice tool for cleaning around baseboards and radiators and in other hard-to-reach places.
- To vacuum wall-to-wall carpeting, divide the floor into quadrants and vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next.
- Take your time when you vacuum a carpet, especially a plush carpet in which dirt is sure to be deeply embedded. One pass with a high-powered upright is not enough. Go over each section of carpeting several times, and work slowly to allow the suction to remove all the ground-in dust and dirt.
- Pay special attention to the areas where people sit and move their feet. Vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
- Soil retardants can be applied to new carpets or to newly cleaned carpets. Follow manufacturers' advice. Apply soil retardants only with professional equipment using the recommended application techniques.
- Add baking soda to the bag in your vacuum to fight odors.
For a carpet to last longer and remain stunning, you must preserve it well. Part of this preservation involves regular carpet cleaning and it must be done properly. This does not imply that you should only clean your carpet when you observe staining. To prevent permanent staining and damage, you must clean your carpets regularly. However, there are some important considerations to help you make the proper decision regarding how often you need carpet cleaning.
To start with, do you have toddlers or kids at home? If so, then consider hiring professionals to clean the carpet at least two or three times in a year. A house with children is likely to have so much activity going on all the time. This means that the carpet will get dirty often. It needs to be kept tidy through daily vacuuming but professional cleaning services are important as well.
It is also important to consider the weather if you decide to clean your carpet. Carpets are not meant to remain moist for a long time. They will start to emit some odor and even form mildew if left moist for a long time. Professional carpet cleaning offers advanced carpet drying services which will ensure that your carpet dries out quickly and perfectly.
You must also ensure your carpet remains clean at all times if there are people who have allergies within the house. People with allergies cannot stand a dusty carpet. It can cause sneezing and recurring of allergies. You must always clean your carpet to avoid germs from breeding on them and creating a lot of health issues.
The other thing that will determine the frequency of carpet cleaning is whether you have pets in the house. Houses with pets tend to require more cleaning services. This is because the hair falls on the carpet and this can cause so many germs to breed on the rugs. For this reason, the carpet must be cleaned at least once in every four months. Other than regular vacuuming, the professional services will ensure your house doesn’t smell and maintains the attractive look and feel.
At the end of the day, professional carpet cleaning services will help to get rid of dust and allergens. You must leave your home safe and clean to be able to keep your children safe. The other thing that must be done is keeping the carpet dry. This will avoid problems like skin rashes, asthma and stomach related problems. Water borne diseases may also result when molds start forming on the carpet.
To fulfill a healthy environment, the carpet must be kept clean at all times. Identifying the ideal time to perform professional carpet cleaning is a must if you really want to maintain your carpet. Investing in professional services will help you fulfill this aesthetic purpose.
The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through November 30 because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.
A total of 326 regular-season games — 26.5 percent of the season -- were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Nov. 30.